Every day when we get in our cars, we are taking on a big responsibility. If we’re driving someone else somewhere, that responsibility increases. When a car accident causes serious damage to personal property and leads to injuries for drivers and passengers, the complexity of the situation can be dramatic.
As accident lawyers, we work with victims of car accidents in Georgia just about every day. The Georgia Department of Transportation logs hundreds of car and truck accidents each week. Many involve injuries that probably leave the drivers unable to work and with significant pain and medical bills. The worst accidents are fatal accidents. No one wants to be involved in a horrible accident, but every day when we get in our cars we have to keep in mind the responsibility we are taking on.
With the weekend ahead, we want to ask every driver to be extra careful as they head out this weekend. The beautiful weather and the abundant number of activities that are going on in our beautiful state will mean it will be a busy weekend on the highways, city streets, and even country roads. Remember these safe driving tips:
1. Buckle your seatbelt and make sure all your children are in the appropriate type of safety restraint for their age.
2. Drive the speed limit. There is no place you have to be this weekend that is worth risking your life or breaking the law to get there.
3. Keep an eye on the drivers ahead, behind, and to either side of you, and leave an appropriate distance between you and the cars in front of you to allow for safe stopping speeds.
4. If you are in an accident and your car can be moved, proceed to a safe location off of busy streets or major highways to exchange insurance information.
5. If you are injured, call 911 and wait for help to arrive.
If you need an attorney to assist with insurance or liability issues, please contact the Alpharetta Law Offices of David Van Sant. He is a personal injury attorney in Alpharetta who works with accident victims.