Accident Attorney Obtaining Punitive Damages for Victims in Alpharetta, Atlanta, Cumming and all of Georgia
What types of compensation can be awarded in a personal injury lawsuit?
There are a number of economic and non-economic damages that may be awarded in a personal injury lawsuit, including:
- emotional pain and suffering
- lost wages
- lost earning capacity (i.e. an inability to work in the future due to injuries)
- medical bills
- necessary ongoing treatments
All damages include present and future expected losses. You may also be eligible to recover punitive damages if you can prove the defendant’s conduct was intentional or malicious.
How much is my case worth?
Compensation for personal injury claims will depend on:
- the cost of your current medical bills and necessary ongoing treatments
- the severity and type of the injury (or whether a victim has died)
- whether you are able to earn a living after being injured
- settlements awarded in cases similar to yours
- whether your condition is curable
- whether your injury was caused by intentional harm or malice (rather than simply negligence)
Those with severe, incurable injuries that prevent them from working and were caused by intentional malice will likely recover higher compensation amounts.
If you or your loved one was injured in an accident that was someone else’s fault, contact our officestoday.