Garbage Truck Accident Lawyer In Georgia
Because of their size relative to other vehicles, accidents involving garbage trucks can result in catastrophic injuries. Victims often face an uphill battle with physical recovery, unexpected financial expenses, and emotional trauma. Van Sant Law understands these challenges. Your garbage truck accident lawyer is here to help you navigate the complexities involved with pursuing your legal rights.
Accidents involving garbage trucks and other massive commercial vehicles can be complex and nuanced. Van Sant Law is a top Georgia personal injury law firm, with significant experience helping truck accident victims obtain full and fair compensation for their losses.Why Choose Van Sant Law?
After an injury accident involving a garbage truck, victims often feel unmoored. Van Sant Law has steered thousands of motor vehicle accident victims and their loved ones through the legal claims process. People turn to our firm and refer friends to us for a variety of reasons.
We have experience handling garbage truck accident cases
Getting to the root of what caused the accident is a critical element of a strong personal injury claim. Our legal professionals have the skills, knowledge, and experience needed to conduct thorough investigations, gather facts, and build compelling arguments for accident victims.
We are proud of our track record of success
Your Van Sant Law attorney will take a meticulous approach to establishing liability for your injuries. We will gather police reports, photo/video evidence of the crash, witness statements, and more, and we will help you catalog your losses to help you realize the best possible outcome for your claim.
We understand applicable regulations
Waste management businesses and garbage truck operators are required to adhere to myriad state and federal regulations covering load weight restrictions, driver hours of service, substance abuse testing, and more. Violating those rules can have serious implications. Your garbage truck accident lawyer knows these requirements well and will use that knowledge to strengthen your claim.
We maintain road safety awareness
When you choose a Van Sant Law personal injury attorney, you can be confident that your lawyer understands how weather conditions can impact garbage truck operations. If your accident occurred during rain, fog, snow, wind, or icy road conditions, your attorney will work to incorporate these weather hazards and associated driver negligence into your claim, as appropriate.
We understand truck accident injuries
The massive size and weight of garbage trucks means that, when they are involved in collisions with smaller vehicles, occupants of those smaller vehicles may suffer life-altering injuries. Knowing what steps to take in the aftermath of an accident is important; doing so could influence the eventual outcome of your legal claim. Your Van Sant Law attorney understands that a case involving traumatic brain injuries or fatalities from a garbage truck accident requires a different approach than an accident with less severe outcomes. We have experience with claims involving front loader, side loader, rear loader, and roll off trucks. We put all of our knowledge to work for accident victims, seeking full compensation and justice for each client.
We monitor applicable time limits
Waiting too long to file a claim for damages after garbage truck accident could leave you unable to claim any compensation. In general, victims have two years from the date of an injury accident in which to file personal injury suits. However, there are certain circumstances under which different time limits apply. When you work with Van Sant Law, your garbage truck accident attorney will help you understand the applicable statute of limitations, and what it means for your claim.
When you choose Van Sant Law, your garbage truck accident lawyer will go to work for you, building the strongest possible case to support your claim. Your attorney will:
- Conduct investigations — Your lawyer will gather evidence, interview witnesses, and review documentation to establish liability for the accident.
- Conduct thorough legal research — In addition to investigating the facts and circumstances of your accident, your attorney will conduct legal research, identifying relevant laws and legal precedents to build a robust case.
- Provide legal advice — You can also count on your attorney to provide clear legal guidance and explain your rights and options. Your lawyer will also take the time to answer your questions, so you can make informed decisions.
- Communicate and negotiate on your behalf — With Van Sant Law in your corner, you don’t need to worry about negotiating with insurance companies. We handle all communication and negotiation on your behalf, so you can focus on your recovery.
- File legal claims — Your attorney will help with the claims filing process, representing you throughout the entire process to help ensure an eventual settlement will compensate you fairly for your property damage, lost income, medical expenses, and other losses.
- Advocate in court — Sometimes, we are not able to come to fair settlement terms with insurers. When this happens, we are prepared to litigate our clients’ claims in court, fighting for the compensation our clients are owed.
In the aftermath of a garbage truck accident, you may experience a range of emotions. While becoming injured was never part of your plan, the good news is that you do not need to face these challenges alone. If you or a loved one suffered injuries in a garbage truck accident, Van Sant Law is here to help. Contact us today to schedule a free initial consultation with an experienced, compassionate attorney who can help you evaluate your rights and your options.