“ After my son was injured in a serious motor vehicle accident, I contacted Mr. Van Sant to help me with his case. I could feel the compassion he had for my son and never doubted his dedication to making sure we obtained the best possible outcome. ”
(Larry J. – car accident client)
Car accidents are a mere statistic until you or a loved one has been in an accident involving property damage and destruction, catastrophic injury, or wrongful death. When an accident occurs, your life can be changed in an instant. At Van Sant Law, LLC — the car injury attorneys Atlanta accident victims trust — we know that you have enough to cope with without having to take on insurance companies, automobile manufacturers, and others who are involved. This is where our experienced lawyers for motor vehicle accidents can be of great assistance to you.
A lawsuit for personal injuries due to a car accident is not only about the damages that are awarded. It also has to do with determining whose negligence caused the accident and holding them responsible for their actions. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, the most common causes of car accidents are distracted drivers, driver fatigue, drunk driving, speeding, aggressive driving and the weather. The vast majority of these accidents could have been prevented if the individuals involved had not been negligent drivers. The unfortunate results for victims, all too frequently, are medical bills both now and in the future, as well as lost wages. We work hard to correct this injustice for you.Our Experienced Atlanta Car Accident Attorneys
Our experienced Atlanta car crash lawyers are here for you. They can help you with every step of the claims procedure. They will also help you to understand what you need to do next. This will give you the reassurance that you need to keep going with your claim. It will also ensure that you do not feel alone, and we believe that this is important.
We understand that a car accident can leave you with more than psychological injuries. An accident can leave you with a lot of feelings that can be hard to deal with. We are here to help you with any pain and suffering, ensuring that you get the support you need at this difficult time. While we cannot offer you any counselling, we can make the claim process a much easier one.Causes of Car Accidents in Atlanta and Throughout Georgia
If you were involved in a car accident, there are probably many questions going through your mind. One of the most important questions that will have to be answered is that of who is responsible for the accident. Determining who is liable will have a direct correlation with determining who is financially responsible for any property damage or bodily injuries that were caused. One of the leading causes of car accidents in Georgia and around the country is distracted drivers. This could be due to talking on a cell phone, texting, talking to a passenger in the car, eating, putting on makeup, or anything else that causes the driver to take their eyes off of the road for even a couple seconds. Another common cause is drunk driving. If it can be proven that an individual was under the influence of alcohol, they could be held criminally and civilly liable.
Another cause that could have nothing to do with the driver is defective auto parts. When the car itself has an issue, it could cause the driver to lose control of the vehicle and crash. Manufacturers of car parts have the responsibility to ensure that the products they are making are safe. If they are not, the consequences can be fatal. Unfortunately, some manufacturers have begun to place profits above the safety of their customers. When this is the case, they need to be held responsible for what they have done. A defective seatbelt, a tire blowout, or an airbag malfunction could all have devastating consequences for the passengers and driver. If you were injured because an auto product was defective, please do not hesitate to get in touch with an auto damage lawyer on our team so that we can fight to get you justice.Were You the Victim of an Atlanta Car Accident?
We investigate to find the true cause of the accident and to get this properly documented. Meanwhile, all of the insurance coverage involved gets thoroughly reviewed and assessed towards ensuring you are fully compensated for any property damage and injuries. For years we worked for insurance companies and know the tricks they use to try to avoid full and prompt payment of claims for compensation. They don’t want you to hire us to work on your behalf.
Our firm conducts itself on the principle that each client is an individual, not just a case, deserving of full compensation for their injuries. If you need an attorney for a car wreck, our philosophy is simple and straightforward: We work on the basis that if you aren’t properly compensated, we won’t charge you for our services. You may be entitled to receive payments for vehicle damage, medical costs, income lost while not working and, in some cases, damages for your emotional distress.Car Accident Settlement Offers
We can also refuse settlement offers that we deem to be far too low. This is a good thing because we know all too well that insurance companies like to offer claimants a low sum. They will do this automatically and if you accept the offer, you cannot change your mind at a later date.
This is just one of the reasons why we think our attorney car wreck services will be invaluable to your claim. When we have taken a look at all of the evidence and details of your case, we will calculate a fair figure. This figure will take the following into account:
- Any injuries you have suffered
- Any medical treatment you have had
- Your medical bills
- If you need any further treatment
- How your injuries have impacted your life
- If your car needed to be repaired
- If your car needs to be scrapped
- Any pain & suffering you have experienced as a result of the accident
- Any embarrassment you have suffered from as a result of the accident
- Loss of earnings both present and potential future earnings
- The time it has taken for your claim to be heard
We will calculate all of the above and more to ensure you are much more likely to receive a fair settlement. We think you should be compensated for all the distress and pain you have suffered.
Contact Our Atlanta Car Accident Attorneys Today – Serving Metro Atlanta and All of Georgia!
If you were the victim of a traumatic auto accident, you should get in touch with our team as soon as possible to schedule a consultation with a motor vehicle accident attorney. The amount of time you have to file a claim is limited by the statute of limitations in Georgia. Over the years, we have been able to secure millions of dollars in compensation for our clients, earning ourselves a place in the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum®. Atlanta car accident lawyer David Van Sant has been named a member of the Top 40 Under 40 by the National Trial Lawyers Association and was selected as a Super Lawyers® Rising Star℠. We have a 10.0 rating from Avvo and are an accredited business with the Better Business Bureau. If you have more questions about your specific case, you can contact any one of our offices at any time – we have multiple locations throughout Atlanta, Alpharetta, Athens, Cumming, Duluth, Lawrenceville, Sandy Springs, and Gainesville. No matter how complex your case appears to be, you will have peace of mind knowing that we are on your side. Contact our Atlanta car accident lawyers for a free case evaluation today!FAQ
In the moments following a car crash, you may be hurt, confused, and scared. Sometimes, common sense goes out the window and panic sets in. Although it may be difficult to think clearly in the aftermath, here are some reminders of what you should do:
- Stop your vehicle and safely pull over to a spot off to the side of the road.
- Call law enforcement and immediately report the accident.
- Scan yourself for visible injuries; and if at all possible, provide assistance to anyone who may be injured – but only if you can do so safely.
- Turn on your hazard safety lights.
- After things have calmed down, collect the other involved drivers’ names, addresses, license plate numbers, and insurance information; provide yours, as well. If anything seems shady or you are in any way afraid for your safety, remain secure in your vehicle until law enforcement arrives and provide the information directly to the officers.
- If, for whatever reason, law enforcement is not called to the scene of the accident, you absolutely should complete a Personal Report of Accident. This form is for your own personal use and is a place to record as much information about the accident as possible immediately after the accident happens and while details are fresh in your memory. This completed form may help you at a later date if liability for the accident is an issue. It also provides helpful information for your Atlanta car accident law firm at Van Sant Law, LLC will help you evaluate this information.
If you have your cell phone, use the camera to take pictures of everything you can at the scene of the accident, including all angles of your vehicle and the other vehicles involved in the crash. You should also take photos of any skid marks and any broken vehicle pieces that may be strewn about. If possible, you should get names, numbers, and addresses of any witnesses to the accident. Try to get their recollections and observations.
In any vehicle or tire case, it is important that you speak to the responding officers and let them know that you wish to have the tire(s) and vehicle preserved by an investigator. They will help you deal with the insurance company in an appropriate way. The goal is to not let the insurance company remove the evidence before it is recorded properly.
Collecting and preserving evidence from a car wreck will help you and your legal team evaluate and pursue any legal claims that may arise. For example, it might be necessary to hire an accident reconstructionist to recreate and analyze the crash to help determine liability. The more evidence you have, the better.
At Van Sant Law, we provide many helpful pieces of advice to drivers about how to stay safe on the roads. And this advice is particularly helpful to young, inexperienced drivers. Here are some very good tips to reiterate to the new drivers in your house:
- Ensure the vehicle is maintained properly. Chances are that you are going to have to help your new driver with this ongoing task. Like all vehicles, the one your child drives should be maintained properly and regularly. If your new driver “accidentally” backs over the mailbox or into a pole, encourage him or her to tell you, no matter what! It is important to always inspect a vehicle after any fender-bender to ensure that it is safe. Remind your child to check for flashing lights on the dashboard, as that typically means maintenance is needed. Also, inspect any odd sounds as soon as possible.
- Be aware of and follow the rules of the road. This piece of advice is pretty self-explanatory, but it is always a good idea to remind your new driver to pay attention.
- Avoid aggressive drivers and tailgating. Remind your new driver that he or she will come across aggressive drivers on the road. Getting caught up in a road rage incident is not worth it. Moreover, advise your child that tailgating is always dangerous and can lead to very serious car accidents.
- Avoid distractions. This may be the most important piece of advice that you can impart to your new driver. In addition to drilling it into his or her head that distracted driving – especially texting while driving – is a surefire way to get into an accident that can result in instant tragedy, it is critical to provide a good example to our children. Actions really do speak louder than words. In addition to staying off the phone while driving, remind your new driver to stay away from programming the GPS and stereo while driving.
There are many benefits to hiring an Atlanta car accident attorney at Van Sant Law, LLC, to assist you with every step of the process following a car crash. And, you have nothing to lose by meeting with our Atlanta car accident lawyers and legal team to discuss your case. Our consultations are free. Contact our firm today to schedule a complimentary consultation to discuss how we can help you get the compensation you deserve.
Do I Really Need to Hire a Car Accident Lawyer?
Hiring an attorney after a car accident may feel uncomfortable. However, the results could be well worth it. There are several reasons for this. Your car accident lawyer will be a fierce advocate for you, helping you fight for the compensation you deserve.
While the insurance company may propose a settlement, it is in their best interest to offer you less than what your claim is worth. That means you could be short-changing yourself in the short and long run.
Statistically, accident victims who retain personal injury attorneys obtain more compensation than those who choose to work directly with the responsible parties or their insurance companies, even after factoring in attorneys’ fees. Remember that your Van Sant Law attorney is only paid if she or he obtains a settlement or verdict in your favor, so you are not responsible for any out-of-pocket costs.
- Repairing or replacing your vehicle
- Medical expenses (those you incurred immediately after the accident as well as expenses you are expected to face in the future as a result)
- Lost wages if you are unable to work for some time or have to work a modified schedule while you recover from your injuries
- The potential loss of future earnings due to your injuries
- Costs related to modifying your home for accessibility