A spinal cord injury can change truck accident victims' lives in an instant. One moment, they're fiercely independent adults going about their business. In the next, they might face permanently-disabling injuries that require extensive medical treatment; prevent them from working; and force them to rely on specialized assistive care and equipment to complete even the most basic of tasks.
Living with a spinal cord injury is extremely expensive. Lifetime treatment costs range from $1 million to nearly $5 million, according to the Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation. In addition to being costly, life with a severe spinal injury often feels frustrating and unfair—especially for people hurt in truck crashes they didn't cause.
However, individuals who sustained spinal injuries in Georgia truck accidents caused by a commercial truck driver, trucking company, or another at-fault party can pursue a financial recovery through an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit.
Possible Truck Accident Damages
Truck accident victims can potentially collect compensation for economic and non-economic damages, such as:
- Accident-related medical expenses
- Property damage
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning potential
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Reduced quality of life
- Loss of enjoyment of life
You don't have to deal with the complications of a claim or a lawsuit alone. Securing skilled legal representation is one way to make certain you can take care of any future needs.
Did You Suffer a Spinal Cord Injury in a GA Truck Accident?
What a person does after a truck crash can affect their ability to make a fair financial recovery. Fortunately, these actions help protect their rights and future:
- Seek immediate medical attention and ensure your injuries are documented as sustained in a truck accident.
- Decline to provide a recorded statement to an insurance company without first consulting an attorney.
- Refuse to accept settlement offers made before the full extent of your injuries is understood.
- Contact a knowledgeable truck accident attorney. Don't wait, as the time to take legal action is limited.
Our experienced truck accident attorneys can help you understand your legal rights and options for compensation, and gather the evidence needed to build a strong personal injury case. Contact today to schedule an appointment for a free initial case consultation.