Atlanta Injury & Accident Attorney
307 14th St NW #100
Atlanta, GA 30318
Map and Driving Directions
Van Sant Law is an Atlanta injury law firm focused on helping personal injury accident victims obtain the compensation they are entitled to under Georgia law. Our experienced injury lawyers in Atlanta help ensure liable parties are held responsible for their actions. If you or a loved one suffered injuries in a motor vehicle accident or other personal injury accident, contact us today and discover why we are the auto accident attorneys Atlanta that victims and their families trust.FAQ
How can I know if I really need an Atlanta vehicle accident lawyer or personal injury lawyer?
No two accident scenarios are the same. Because of this, it can be difficult to know whether you should retain a Fulton County car accident lawyer after being involved in an accident. If the incident involved only damage to personal property and nobody was injured as a result, you probably do not need an attorney's help in obtaining a fair settlement from the responsible party's insurer. In these types of situations, the insurance company's offer should be based on the cost to repair or replace the personal property.
When an accident involves injuries, however minor they may seem initially, it can be a good idea to consult with a skilled personal injury attorney. That's because sometimes, the full extent of a victim's injuries is not immediately apparent. Accepting the insurance company's initial settlement offer could mean you are short-changing yourself, as well as denying yourself the opportunity to later pursue additional compensation for your injuries.
A skilled personal injury attorney will be able to determine how much compensation you should receive and will fight for your rights. Insurance companies, unfortunately, do not have victims' best interests in mind. Their goal is to settle claims quickly, and for as little money as possible. Your attorney will be a fierce advocate, seeking fair compensation on your behalf. Having a knowledgeable lawyer in your corner can be instrumental in helping you through what can otherwise be a daunting process.
What are some of the types of injuries personal injury lawyers handle?
If you were injured in a car accident, an auto accident lawyer in Atlanta, GA can help you with your claim for damages. Some people think that ‘personal injury lawyer' and ‘car accident lawyer' are synonymous. And while it's true that car accidents are a type of personal injury, the reality is that personal injury law encompasses many other types of injuries. Some of the other types of cases we handle include the following:
- Workplace injuries: Injuries sustained in the workplace should be compensable under workers' compensation. However, victims must sometimes fight for their rights because their employers are uncooperative.
- Animal bites/attacks: When a dog or another animal bites or attacks someone unprovoked, a personal injury lawyer can help the victim or loved ones pursue compensation and hold the animal's owner accountable.
- Injuries sustained on someone else's property: If you slip and fall or are otherwise injured when you are out shopping, at an entertainment venue, or at someone else's home, a skilled personal injury attorney can help identify the liable parties and seek damages based on those parties' negligence.
- Public transportation accident injuries: Motor vehicle accidents are not limited to car, truck, or motorcycle accidents. Unfortunately, people are injured every day in accidents on buses, trains, and airplanes. These personal injury claims can be more time-sensitive than other types of cases, so engaging a knowledgeable attorney/law firm quickly can help you protect your rights.
- Defective products. When a company's product fails to work as intended, serious injuries can occur. A personal injury attorney can help prove that a product or its components were faulty or defective and that victims should be compensated as a result.
We serve the entire city of Atlanta, including neighborhoods such as Buckhead, Cabbagetown and Reynoldstown, Decatur, Inman Park, Little Five Points and Candler Park, Midtown, Old Fourth Ward, Virginia-Highland, and more.
To schedule your free consultation, please fill out the form below.