Personal Injury Lawyers Serving Car Accident Victims in Norcross, Georgia
Norcross, Georgia is more than just “a place to imagine” for us – in fact, it just happens to be home to some of our favorite friends and clients. Norcross’s relaxing pastoral atmosphere and it’s strong sense of community provide a welcome escape from the big-city anonymity of Atlanta. We particularly enjoy relaxing strolls through the Norcross Historic District.
Norcross is well-connected with the Georgia highway network. I-85, for example, will take you all the way to Atlanta, while smaller roads crisscross Norcross en route to just about anywhere you please. When luck is with you, which we hope is most of the time, your journey will pass without incident. When luck turns sour, however, the carelessness of another driver could land you in the hospital.
Let Us Fight for Fair Compensation While You Concentrate on Regaining Your Health
Justice is not automatic in Georgia – it must be fought for. If your car accident injury was caused by someone else, you have a legal claim for compensation, and your claim might be worth far more than you think. At Van Sant Law, LLC, we have recovered untold millions of aggregate compensation for our clients, most of it through private settlements. A few facts about us might tell you why:
- The Better Business Bureau has awarded our firm it’s top rating of A+.
- Most of our attorneys have been named Georgia Super Lawyers, an elite club representing only 2.5 percent of Georgia lawyers.
- Founding partner David Van Sant was named one of the Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Georgia by The National Trial Lawyers.
- Mr. Van Sant has won the Avvo Client’s Choice Award three years in a row.
- Our firm has won numerous multi-million dollar settlements and verdicts for our clients.
One of Our Clients Says…
We were always kept up to date on the status of our case. Any questions were promptly answered. Never felt like we were a bother or taking too much time. Excellent public relations with all involved. I would most definitely use Mr. Van Sant if the need arose in the future. Thank you for everything. — Michael, May 20, 2017
Types of Personal Injury Law We Practice
Following is only a sample of some of the types of cases we accept:
- Car Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Workers Compensation
- Dog Bites
- Medical Malpractice
- Defective Products
- Premises Liability
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What are the main types of damages available to me?
Georgia divides personal injury damages into three categories:
- Economic damages such as medical bills and lost earnings;
- Noneconomic damages such as pain and suffering and disability; and
- Punitive damages, designed to punish the defendant.
Noneconomic damages frequently far exceed economic damages, while punitive damages are uncommon.
Am I eligible for punitive damages?
Probably not, although I would have to look closely at the facts of your case to be sure. Punitive damages are only awarded for outrageous conduct by the defendant – if the defendant caused the accident intentionally, for example. In some cases, punitive damages can amount to millions of dollars.
How likely is it that my claim will end up in court?
Statistically, the likelihood of a civil trial is less than ten percent, although a lot depends on the specific facts surrounding your claim and, to be honest, how stubborn the defendant is. Most car accident claims are settled privately, and you can continue settlement negotiations even after filing a lawsuit.
What should I do immediately after an accident?
The first steps you should take after a car accident are:
- Seek medical attention without delay (within a few hours at the very latest)
- Locate witnesses to the accident
- Photograph the scene of the accident
- Comply with all of your doctor’s instructions, so the defendant can’t blame you for your own injuries.
- Contact a Norcross car accident lawyer.
You Don’t Pay Us Unless We Win
We understand that you are paying for victory, not talk – so we are ready to put our money where our mouth is. If we fail to bring home compensation for you (a 5 to 10 percent likelihood based on past results), you will owe us nothing in legal fees. Even if you win, you will not owe us a dime until your compensation is actually disbursed.
Time is of the Essence
Evidence can go stale as witnesses move out of town and physical evidence deteriorates. The sooner you act, the better your chances will be for compensation that reflects the full value of your claim. Call us today at (855) GA-INJURY or (404) 991-5950; otherwise, fill out our online contact form so that we can get in touch with you for a free case evaluation.