Atlanta Personal Injury Lawyers Serving Alpharetta, Cumming and All of Georgia
Whiplash can occur in a variety of situations, commonly as a result of a car accident or bus or train accident. It can cause severe pain and other health complications that may affect your ability to walk or take part in other physical activity. It can severely harm the neck, upper torso, or spine and can even cause different degrees of brain injury. If you have suffered whiplash due to an accident, an attorney should be consulted regarding your right to pursue compensation.
Whiplash can require extensive medical treatment, ongoing medical attention and adjustments to lifestyle, and cause an interruption to your working schedule. The financial costs, lost income, and pain and suffering should not be allowed to cause you more stress than they already have.
Whiplash injuries are famous for being faked by unethical litigants in order to defraud defendants out of money for injuries that never occurred. This unfortunate stereotype makes life more difficult for real whiplash victims to enforce their claims, due to a certain lingering prejudice and the difficulty that many victims face when trying to gather concrete medical evidence of their injuries.
It’s difficult enough to face constant pain and to watch your medical bills pile up while you miss work. Anger is an appropriate additional response when you find out that your injury was caused by someone else’s carelessness (an intoxicated driver, for instance).
A personal injury lawyer can investigate the incident which caused your whiplash, determine the appropriate party to sue, present information supporting your claim and attempt to gain maximal compensation.
Justice Demands a Response
It is beyond infuriating to listen to an at-fault defendant’s insurance company make excuses or use clever tricks to deny your claim – press you for the exact time of the accident, for example, and then claim that the accident was your fault because you were checking the time instead of watching the road.
Fortunately, however, our firm’s founder David Van Sant worked as an insurance company defense lawyer before founding Van Sant Law. He knows all their tricks, and he knows how to fight back. So do the rest of us, and we adhere to one foundational principle of our practice – nobody takes advantage of our clients.
Welcome to Georgia’s Top-Rated Personal Injury Law Firm
Van Sant Law sits at the top of the Georgia personal injury legal field by general consensus:
- Three of our five attorneys have been named Georgia Super Lawyers by national law firm rating organization Thomson Reuter. Only one in forty Georgia lawyers receive this honor.
- The Better Business Bureau has assigned is its top rating of A+
- Founder David Van Sant has been named one of the top 100 trial lawyers in Georgia.
- Mr. Van Sant won the Avvo Client’s Choice Award three times in a row.
At Van Sant Law, we have the knowledge and experience with which to thoroughly prepare your claim and aggressively pursue a fair level of compensation. A familiarity of the logistics involved in accidents causing whiplash and the medical issues involved serve us greatly in our work. An important factor of whiplash cases is that the severity of the injury and its effects may not be immediately apparent.
One of Our Clients Speaks Out
“was great at handling my case from beginning to end. My case manager and attorney Jay Drew always returned my calls and emails asap even though I was a little annoying most of the time. ?? My case was settled fast and easy!” – Elvis Cudd
Our Practice Areas
We take the following types of cases, among many others:
- Car Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Workers Compensation
- Dog Bites
- Medical Malpractice
- Defective Products
- Premises Liability
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Will a pre-existing injury defeat my whiplash injury claim?
Possibly. A defendant or insurance adjustor would like to be able to use a pre-existing injury to prove that your injury was not the result of the accident that you said caused it, or to prove that your new injury merely aggravated your pre-existing injury (thereby reducing the value of your claim).
What steps should I take immediately after a whiplash injury?
Here are some tips:
- Seek medical treatment immediately, even if you feel only slight pain.
- Hire a whiplash injury attorney! The sooner you seek legal help, the better your chances will be.
- File your insurance claim quickly, following your attorney’s advice concerning what information you should reveal.
How can I prove a whiplash injury?
- Document all of your symptoms and medical treatment.
- Have your doctor document all of your symptoms. Any evidence coming from your doctor is more credible than any statement you make yourself.
- Reconstruct the accident in every detail. You might need an expert witness for this.
What kinds of damages should I claim?
Georgia allows three categories of damages, depending on the facts of your case.
- Economic damages: Easily countable losses such as medical expenses and lost earnings.
- Noneconomic damages such as pain and suffering.
- Punitive damages. These are not usually awarded. They might apply if the defendant’s conduct was particularly outrageous – if he injured you intentionally, for example.
Our Promise – We Don’t Get Paid Unless You Do
Regardless of whether you win a settlement or a verdict (almost all of our clients end up with a settlement), we won’t ask for any upfront legal fees. You can afford us even if you are penniless – all you need is a strong claim. If we win, which is over 90 percent of the time, we will bill you out of your compensation. If you don’t end up with any compensation, our services will be free of charge.
Have You Been Injured In A Georgia Accident?
If you've been injured in an accident you should speak with an experienced personal injury attorney as soon as possible. Please contact us online or call our office directly at 855.GA.INJURY or 404.991.5950 to schedule your free consultation.