Personal Injury Attorneys Valuating Claims for Georgia Car Accident Victims
Establishing what your damages are worth is a crucial aspect of your car accident case, for both you and the Georgia car accident injury attorney representing you. There are three types of damages that are generally recovered after a car accident caused by another’s negligence. They are:
- Special damages: These are damages that can be proven to an exact amount, usually by utilizing receipts or bills. They generally consist of expenses related to medical treatment, medication, lost wages, and travel expenses.
- General damages: These are damages that cannot be proven to an exact amount, and usually consist of “pain and suffering” that is experienced as a result of the accident. This can include stress, depression, anxiety, and the loss of social or family events.
- Punitive damages: These are meant to punish the person or persons responsible for the accident, and they are not available in every case. They are awarded in addition to other damages by a jury, if it is deemed that it is appropriate to do so.
For help in determining what your injury claim is worth, contact a Georgia auto accident attorney at Van Sant Law. Our firm has extensive knowledge regarding how personal injury cases work, and we are able to accurately determine what manner of compensation a person will be able to secure after an accident. In providing assistance in your case, we will fight the insurance company in an effort to obtain maximum compensation for your injuries, or, if necessary, take legal action against the responsible party.
Factors Determining a Case’s Worth
There are several factors that determine what type of compensation you will be entitled to after your accident. These factors can increase or decrease your case’s value, depending on the circumstances surrounding the accident. They include:
- The type of injury you have sustained
- Your age
- The type of witness you are
- The type of witness is the responsible party
- Testimony from other witnesses
- Extent of property damage
- Prior injuries
Recovering from injuries
Whatever the injury, if you’ve been involved in a vehicle accident caused by the negligence of another, contact Van Sant Law. With our qualified, experienced Georgia auto accident attorneys handling the insurance companies and your legal claims, you can focus on recovery. We pride ourselves on helping our clients get the best medical care possible and helping them get their lives back together again.