Internal injuries can cause serious complications including death. If you or a loved one suffered internal injuries as a result of an accident, an Atlanta, Georgia Accident Attorney at Van Sant Law, LLC can help you to make a claim for compensation. Give us a call or contact us online to learn how we can help you with your claim.
Internal Injuries From Accidents
Any time your body sustains a trauma or an impact, your internal body systems can absorb the force and you can suffer serious injury. Unfortunately, internal injuries often have no visible outward symptoms so many people are unaware that they have occurred until serious complications develop.
Because internal injuries can create medical emergencies if not promptly treated, you should seek medical assistance in any situation where you have been involved in an accident and potentially suffered an internal injury. Some of the different types of accidents that can cause internal damage include:
- Auto accidents
- Slip and falls
- Falls from heights
- Work accidents/injuries
- Crushing injuries (being crushed or caught in machinery)
In these and other situations, it is important to determine if anyone else was to blame for your accident and injuries. If a third party such as another driver was negligent in causing your accident, an Atlanta, Georgia Accident Attorney can help you file a personal injury claim and have your costs and losses compensated.
Types of Internal Injuries
When you make a personal injury claim, you are entitled to have all of your medical bills and costs paid. You are also entitled to recover monetary compensation if you cannot work due to your injuries; if your earning power is reduced; or if you experience pain and suffering and emotional distress.
The severity of your injury will determine how much you are entitled to receive from a personal injury claim. Some of the common types of internal injuries that occur as a result of accidents and that lead to claims include:
- Abdominal aorta aneurysms due to the abdomen being compressed or crushed.
- Broken ribs, which are common in auto accidents.
- Internal bleeding due to pressure from a force or impact that damages the blood vessels.
- Bleeding in the brain, which can occur due to closed or open head wounds and which can cause permanent brain damage.
- Pneumothorax, which is a collapsed lung that occurs due to the lung being punctured.
- A ruptured spleen, which can affect your body’s ability to fight infection or destroy bacteria. A ruptured spleen can cause severe internal bleeding and fill the abdominal cavity with blood if surgical correction does not occur promptly.
- Liver damage, which commonly occurs in auto accidents. Pressure from a force or impact can tear open the organ and/or cause internal bleeding.
- Kidney damage, which occurs when your back or lower flanks experience impact in an accident.
These are just a few of the common types of internal injuries that you may endure as a result of an accident. Unfortunately, almost any organ in your body may be hurt by impact and can cause you to suffer serious and ongoing medical issues.
Have You Been Injured In A Georgia Car Accident?
If you’ve been injured in a Georgia car accident you should speak with an experienced car accident attorney as soon as possible. Please contact us online or call our office directly at 855.GA.INJURY or 404.991.5950 to schedule your free consultation.