Yes. If you or someone you love was a victim of abuse or neglect at a Georgia nursing home facility, it’s almost always in your best interest to work closely with an experienced attorney when pursing a claim for compensation. That’s because a nursing home abuse lawyer:
- Knows the relevant laws inside and out, and can handle your case from start to finish, saving you valuable time and effort that may be better spent focusing on your—or your loved one’s—physical and emotional recovery.
- Can advise you on how to document the abuse in a way that builds a strong case for the damages you’re seeking.
- Can level the playing field between you and the nursing home facility’s savvy corporate counsel, whereas plaintiffs who forgo professional legal representation are often at a significant disadvantage.
- Can help ensure the nursing home, its parent company, and their insurer handle your claim fairly, and are unable to escape responsibility or trick you into accepting less compensation than you deserve.
- Will assist you in reporting instances of nursing home abuse or neglect to the appropriate authorities.
- Can successfully push for policy changes at the nursing home facility to prevent the abuse you—or a loved one—suffered from happening to other vulnerable residents.
Consult a Skilled Georgia Attorney About Your Nursing Home Abuse Case
In a perfect world, you’d be able to trust the nursing home you tasked with your care or the care of an aging relative to do the right thing and fairly compensate residents who were abused or neglected.
Sadly, the world we live in is far from perfect, and nursing home facility owners and insurers are often more concerned with protecting their bottom line than ensuring victims receive the compensation and justice they deserve.
The knowledgeable attorneys with Van Sant Law can help you understand your legal rights and recovery options. Contact us today to schedule an appointment for a free initial consultation.