App-based ridesharing services like Uber are a convenient and increasingly popular transportation option in Georgia and throughout the country. As the number of people taking advantage of ridesharing services rises, so do the number of accidents involving Uber drivers.
If you were a passenger in an Uber crash, here's what you should do to protect your right to a fair financial recovery:
- Call the police. They'll conduct an investigation and complete an accident report. Request a copy of this report for your records.
- Gather evidence. Write down contact information for drivers, passengers, and witnesses; and take photos of the crash scene, relevant road or weather conditions, injuries, and property damages.
- Seek immediate medical attention. It's important to see a doctor as soon as possible after an accident so he or she can diagnose, document, and treat related injuries.
- Be careful when speaking to insurance adjusters. Insurance company representatives often ask personal injury claimants to provide recorded statements about the accident. Not only is this not required, but it also isn't recommended, as the information in this statement can be misconstrued in an effort to pay victims less than they deserve.
- Contact an attorney. Litigation involving ridesharing drivers and companies can be extremely complex. An attorney will advise people injured in Uber crashes on issues such as dealing with insurance companies, determining fault and potentially liable parties, and other critical aspects of filing a claim.
We Can Help With Your Ridesharing Crash Case
If you were hurt in an Uber crash, the knowledgeable personal injury attorneys with can help you understand your legal rights and options, as well as the unique challenges involved with litigating ridesharing accident cases. We can help you fight for compensation for crash-related medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages.
Have questions about your Uber accident case? Contact us today to schedule an appointment for a free initial case consultation.