In Lawrenceville, Georgia, authorities were called to help out a fellow firefighter after a terrible explosion took place at his home. Crews extinguished the flames from the explosion quickly, but three family cats did not survive the blaze. The firefighter suffered burns and was taken to the Grady Memorial Hospital. The man allegedly suffered burns to his hands, forearms, and torso in the explosion.
At the time of the accident, he was the only one home. His wife claims that he was repairing an air conditioning unit in the basement when the accident happened. His wife says that she got a frantic phone call from her husband after the incident. He informed her that the house exploded and that he was waiting for 911. He asked her to come home. The firefighter’s son says that his dad’s firefighting experience may have helped to save his life.
He understood how to read the fire and knew that it was from an explosion and how to move away from it in time and avoid death. The explosion blew out the windows of the home and damaged some of the siding. Investigators believe that the explosion has something to do with the air conditioning unit, but they are not certain of this fact.
They will continue to research to learn whether or not the explosion could have been prevented. If it was indeed an air conditioning unit flaw, then the family may be able to seek compensation from the air conditioning company or the installation company for being negligent with their appliances.
Have You Been Injured In A Georgia
If you’ve been injured in an
accident you should speak with an experienced
personal injury attorney as soon as
possible. Please contact us online
or call our office directly
at 855.GA.INJURY or
404.991.5950 to schedule
your free consultation.