Car Accident Lawyer Covington
Being involved in a car accident in Covington can be quite concerning. Not only do you have to deal with your injuries but there are also insurance companies to approach. In addition to this, you might need to take time off work while you recover from your injuries. Any car accident can make the future seem uncertain. However, we could help you. We are a team of experienced car accident lawyers in Covington who are here for you.
You do not have to deal with the aftermath of your car accident on your own. We can help you speak to insurance companies and advise you as to what you could say. We can also help you gain the compensation you deserve. If you were injured as a result of another person’s negligence you won’t be on your own. If we agree to take on your case we will fight for your every step of the way.
Investigating the Cause of the Accident
We will investigate the cause of the accident so it can be accurately documented. We think this is vital as it ensures you’re much more likely to receive the compensation you deserve. We will also take a look at your insurance coverage ensuring you have the cover you need. We also do this so that we understand exactly what you are entitled to. Many insurance companies like to tell claimants that they’re only a specific amount of compensation. Alternatively, they might tell them they’re not entitled to claim. We do not think that this is right. This is why we will conduct a thorough investigation. We think you should receive the compensation you’re entitled to.
Did you know that if you do not receive adequate compensation we will not charge you for our legal services? This is how we like to work because we want to ensure you get the results you need. If we agree to take on your claim it will be because we believe that you have a good chance of winning your claim.
What to Do If you Were Involved in a Car Accident in Covington
If you have been involved in a car accident in Covington, we could help. Below you will find details about what you should do if you have been involved in a car accident:
- Pull to a safe area on the side of the road and stop your vehicle.
- Report your accident right away to the proper authorities.
- Look for injuries on yourself and on anyone else who was injured. Please only do this if it is safe.
- Turn on your hazard lights.
- Collect the contact details of any eye witnesses if it is safe to do so. If it is not safe, stay in your secured vehicle until law enforcement arrives.
- Do not mention who was at fault for the accident and do not accept blame. Doing so could affect any claim that you make.
- If law enforcement does not arrive, complete a report of the accident. Note down everything you can remember happening. This will come in useful when filing your claim. You might also be able to use it as evidence.
- Gather as much evidence as you can. Take photographs from all angles if it is safe to do so. Photograph your vehicle and any others that were involved.
- Seek medical help if you need it. Please note, you might not be aware of any injuries immediately after your accident. This is because you could be full of adrenaline. Please seek medical help regardless of whether you think you’re injured.
You Have a Deadline
You have a deadline that you need to stick to if you wish to make a car accident claim. This deadline is known as the Statute of Limitations. If you miss the deadline you will not be able to make a car accident claim. The deadline is 2 years from the day of your accident. Make your claim as soon as you can so you’re less likely to miss out on compensation. If you cannot make a claim today please do so as soon as possible.
Contact us Today
Here at Van Sant Law, we are a team of experienced car accident lawyers. If you have been injured in a car accident in Covington that was not your fault contact us. We can help you to make your claim and ensure you’re more likely to receive the compensation you deserve. Contact us today as the clock is ticking.