Facial injuries are painful, costly to treat and very visible. If you suffer a facial injury, the Atlanta, Georgia Accident Attorneys at Van Sant Law, LLC can help you to obtain compensation from the person responsible. Give us a call or get in touch with us online to schedule a free consultation and learn more.
Facial Injuries from Accidents
Your face is perhaps the most visible part of your body, so an injury to the face can be devastating. Unfortunately, facial injuries occur often, usually as a result of a blow to the face, exposure to something sharp, or chemical or other burns. While many different types of accidents can result in damage to your face, some of the most common reasons for facial injuries include:
- Auto accidents: Your face can be hurt if you are struck by debris or flying objects, if your face hits something in the car, or if you are thrown through the windshield. One of the most common causes of facial injuries in an auto accident is the deploying air bag, which can deploy at a speed of around 200 miles per hour.
- Slip and falls: If you tumble onto your face, you can break bones or cause other damage.
- Workplace injury: Lots of accidents can happen in the workplace from being burned in an explosion to falling down, all of which could damage your face.
- Fires or chemical exposure: If you are caught in a fire or exposed to dangerous chemicals, this can burn or otherwise injure your face.
- Sports injuries: You could be tackled and hit intentionally or hit in the face with balls or other objects when engaging in physical sporting activity.
- Violence: When someone hits you in the face or cuts your face, this can do serious and lasting damage.
- Dog bites: A dog attack could result in permanent damage to the nose, ears or other parts of the face.
These are just a few of the top causes of facial injuries. The sad reality is that when people are negligent, careless or take dangerous risks, you could suffer as a result of their choices.
Types of Facial Injuries
Many different types of facial injuries can occur depending upon the accident or incident that hurt you. Some of the different types of facial injuries include:
- Broken bones including the jawbone, the bones of the eye socket or the nose.
- Cuts and bruises, which can sometimes result in permanent scarring.
- Burn injuries, which almost always result in permanent scarring even if you opt for expensive skin grafts.
- Deformities, including sunken cheek bones that are caused by damage to the facial bone or other injury.
These and other facial injuries can be devastating as there is no way to hide the harm that you suffered. Your appearance can be affected in major ways as a result of facial injuries and you may need expensive medical treatment including plastic surgery. You may also be in a significant amount of pain due to injuries to the face. You deserve to be compensated for all of these consequences of your facial injury.
How An Atlanta, Georgia Accident Lawyer Can Help
When you suffer an injury to the face, it is important to assess who- if anyone- is to blame for the injury. If any third party, including an individual or corporation or government agent, was negligent or did something wrong that led to your injuries, you can take legal action.
At Van Sant Law, LLC, our experienced Atlanta, Georgia Accident Lawyers will help you to get compensation for medical costs, lost income, pain and suffering, emotional distress and other losses.
Contact our Atlanta, Georgia Accident Attorneys via phone at (404) 991-5950 or using our online form in order to learn how we can help you to build a case and get full compensation for your facial injuries.