Car accidents are a leading cause of injuries and a leading cause of injury-related fatalities. When a motorist is involved in a car accident, it is important for the driver to understand what his rights are so he can pursue a claim for compensation. Many injuries sustained in a car accident are very costly to treat and can interfere with the ability of the accident victim to earn a living after the crash. When negligence was the cause of the Georgia car accident, the negligent or careless driver should be held responsible for causing the collision to occur and for all damages that happen as a result.
An Atlanta car accident injury lawyer can help victims to prove the extent of their losses and to demonstrate the cause of the collision. It is important to talk with an accident lawyer as soon as possible after the accident so your lawyer can advise you on how to get the full extent of your injury losses covered.
Common Atlanta Car Accident Injuries
Victims can sustain many different types of collision injuries, but some of the most common types of injuries include:
- Brain injury: Brain injuries can range from a concussion to a severe brain injury which is fatal. A brain injury can occur with both an open and closed head wounds. Long-lasting symptoms of a brain injury can include impaired memory and cognition, mood changes, ringing in the ears, vision problems, seizures, and sensitivity to light and sound. Many brain injury victims temporarily lose consciousness after an accident occurs, sometimes for a sustained period.
- Soft tissue injury: Soft tissue injuries like whiplash can occur even when a motor vehicle collision happens at a slow speed. Soft tissue injuries can impair mobility and can be very painful. They can also be difficult injuries to diagnose, to treat, and to prove the extent of injury to insurance companies.
- Spinal cord injury: Auto accidents are a leading cause of injury to the spine, along with falls, sports, and acts of violence. When a spinal cord injury occurs, the injury could be a complete spinal cord injury or could be a partial spinal cord injury. When the spine sustains damage, the victim will often experience permanent injuries that cause full or partial paralysis.
- Broken bones: Broken bones can be very painful to treat and can impair mobility until the bone heals. In some cases, fractures do not heal correctly and the victim sustains lingering damage as a result of the break.
- Lacerations: Cuts are very common in motor vehicle accidents. Many victims of collisions are left with permanent scarring as a result of the cuts that were sustained in the auto accident.
Cummings, Georgia Car Accident Injury Attorney Can Help You
If you sustain these injuries, or any other injuries from a collision, an attorney can help you to demonstrate how badly you were hurt and can assist you in holding the driver accountable who harmed you.